NOTE: These are actual questions from our customers, and our answers. We endeavor to monitor and keep this information up to date. To confirm the information here, please do not hesitate to contact our office.

Alberta Health Care
The documents for the AB health card and AB ID are very similar. To apply for the AB health, if you have current coverage in Alberta, your wife will be added to your health care account. Please provide your photo ID and AB health Card. Your wife will supply her photo ID and legal status in Canada (Canadian Passport, Birth Certificate, or immigration document). There is no charge for AB health services. To apply for the AB identification card, your wife will supply her photo ID, legal status in Canada (Canadian Passport, Canadian Birth Certificate, or immigration document), and proof of Alberta residency (a document dated within the last 90 days - a utility bill, government statement, lease agreement, paystub or employment letter dated within the last 14 days).
You may visit West-End Registries in person to request a replacement AB health card. Please provide 1 piece of valid photo ID. There is no fee to replace the health card, unless you have had 5 health cards issued to you. If you have had 5 cards or more, you will need to complete a statutory declaration. Alternatively, you may call Alberta Health directly by phone @ 780-427-1432 to request a replacement AB health card.
Registry Agents can only process in-office AHC services. You can call Alberta Health Care directly for replacement: Office hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays) Phone: 780-427-1432 Toll free: 310-0000 before the phone number (in Alberta) TTY: 780-427-9999 Toll free TTY: 1-800-232-7215
If your son is residing in Alberta, he can apply for his card in person at our office. He will need to present proof of Alberta residency, legal entitlement to be in Canada and valid photo ID. Some examples are below. Residency – AB Drivers Licence, AB ID Card, Alberta utility bill, phone bill, gas bill, cable bill, property tax bill, lease agreement Legal Entitlement – Canadian Passport, Canadian Citizenship Certificate, Permanent Resident Card, Canadian Birth Certificate Valid Photo ID - AB Drivers Licence, AB ID Card, Canadian Passport, Permanent Resident Card, AB I am not familiar with the AHS policy regarding vaccination for non-Alberta residents, so he may need to call 811 for clarification if he does not live in Alberta.
We are able to change the name on your AB health card within 2 business days of receiving your application. The new AB Health card will be mailed to your home address in approximately 2 weeks. If you are changing your last name due to marriage, your spouse and yourself must be on the same AB health care account, there is an application that needs to be completed by both parties. Then we would require the original marriage certificate and valid photo identification.
Alberta Authorized Registry Agent
© 2023 - West-End Registries